-->

Friday, November 07, 2008

Quote of the Day

Skip Bertman:

"He made a career move, " said former LSU Athletic Director Skip Bertman, who worked with Saban for four years. "I wish that he wasn't at Alabama, because he's a good coach. I wish they had hired Joe the Plumber at Alabama, because I want to win. But I don't have any animosity toward Nick. I hope he wins all the games but not against LSU -- ever.


Actually I don't quite understand the hatred LSU fans have toward Saban. I think it has something to do with the fact that they don't comprehend that all football coaches are dicks and that it just doesn't do to get all worked up when they do something dickish.

A few years ago Saban ducked the Baton Rouge media and announced from Orlando that he was leaving for the NFL (contrary to his very public promises)... on Christmas Day, no less.

That's pretty dickish, but... again... all football coaches are dicks. At least Saban was a pretty good coach. The dick we have now has the team giving up 50 points per game vs quality opponents.

No comments: