-->

Monday, June 30, 2008

I figured this might happen

Now watch all the public outrage and indignant editorials magically disappear.

Oyster spent a lot of time talking about the politics of this yesterday. His theory is that Jindal's first priority is keeping the fundies in his corner. I basically agree. I think the way Oyster explains it places too much emphasis on Jindal's national political ambitions and not enough on his just plain old phoniness but the outcome is the same either way. Now that the anti-science and school voucher bills have passed, PBJ has no qualms about breaking his back room deal with legislators. As I said earlier, Jindal is doing quite well for himself here. He's gotten his high priority agenda items through with plenty of time to recover from the fleeting political damage he's suffered.

What I'm the most interested in is how quickly the criticism from the press abates. I give it two episodes of the Spud McConnell show and one Believe in Louisiana ad before we're all hearing about how Jindal is a tough, smart, whiz-kid reformer again.

No comments: