-->

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Okay so here's my idea

First of all, thanks for all of your comments. The discussion here and also at many of the other local blogs has been lively and funny and passionate and.. all of the things a good Saints game should be... but without Reggie Bush running backwards so this is better really.

I can't help but marvel at the fact that this is what generates the most intense discussion. After everything that has happened... all the horror.. the injustice... all the... douchebaggery. It is this rather simple and familiar issue that inspires the most visceral reaction. I'm not saying that's wrong.. I'm just.. a bit surprised, I guess.

One thing that has been made clear by the commenters is that they wish to see me propose an actual course of action seeing as how I like to dump on their little Mardi Gras parade they seem so keen on getting all dressed up for. I don't believe there is much logic behind the supposition that criticism is validated only by the offering of alternatives but, since I can't quite get that point across, I've decided to play... so here goes.

It seems to me that an effective way of demonstrating your lack of confidence in the proposed solutions announced yesterday would be to target your statement at the most inflammatory and ineffective of those schemes. Let's have a march that begins at 2 AM so that we are all in violation of the curfew. This will clearly demonstrate that we are not only fed up with the current state of affairs but also that the pandering band-aid solution advanced by the clown squad is unacceptable.

But that's not all. Lets march at 2AM on MLK day. This way we can honor and emulate Dr. King through an act of determined civil-disobedience on.. fittingly.. the anniversary of C-Ray's infamous "Chocolate City" speech.. itself a key signpost on our current road to perdition. I'll bring Hershey's Kisses for everyone. Who's with me?

No comments: