-->

Thursday, December 14, 2006

NOLA blog digest

You guys really don't want to know what's on my mind this morning. So I'll just post a bunch of links to stuff I'm reading.

Yep, pretty much.

Dambala makes as good a "stay-the-course" argument as any. I understand.. but disagree. No time to elaborate now. Suffice to say that my reasons are selfish and nationalistic and I think that's okay.

I do agree with da po'boy, however, that there has been some unjustified piling on of Jefferson Parish racism as the primary cause of Dollar Bill's triumph. I think the explanation has much more to do with (Bill) Jefferson's pandering manipulation of a fragmented, confused, rudderless, leaderless, and rightfully angry electorate. And you can only get away with that sort of thing if your opponent is too much of a ninny to take on your bullshit and.. god forbid... try to inspire some confidence and hope among said electorate.

This may sound weird coming from me... but sometimes I wonder why Ian chooses to continue living there. Actually.. no I don't wonder really.

Check out the comments thread here and discover what Dexter Manley and George H.W. Bush have in common. (Dexter Manley and George W. Bush have functional illiteracy in common)

Schroeder continues his quixotic crusade against idiotic local media.
I can answer this question:
With the exception of some notable and distinguished reporters at The Times-Picayune, I have to ask: Where are the real media professionals in this town? I mean, people who have earned their credentials after rigorous formal training, who are seasoned (not hardened) by their years of experience, and who demonstrate that their profession continues to offer opportunities to learn and grow and mature. Anyone?
Answer: Buddy D is dead.

At least it's still football season.

Meemaw is toast

Tabula Rasa in Carrollton. I just hope this doesn't mean more condos.

Yup, that Thomas Dolby.

We Saw That has had a link up for a while now to a Living Colour song that's been popping into my head throughout much of the post-flood "redevelopment" quagmire. It really ought to be adopted as Karen's theme.

No comments: