-->

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Are You Threatening Me?"

So glad we've apparently hired Beavis to head our recovery office.

In his first public appearance as a government official, Blakely, 69, was brutally blunt with some of his answers, vague with others and a bit testy toward the end of the news conference when asked to describe how he expected the city to look a year from now.

"Come back," he said. "I'm not explaining any more today, because that, I think, is not a question that anyone can answer. What are you going to be doing next year? I'm not answering questions unless they're really questions. That sounds like a threat."


I have serious doubts about this. I'll just repost here what I said on Moldy City last night.

I think the question he termed a "threat" was about his vision for the city a year from now. Sounds to me like the kind of question someone who fancies himself a "recovery czar" would be all too happy to pander away at. Instead he gristled defensively.. on the first day on the job. Not a good sign.

Also read David's post. He tends to be more thoughtful where I am merely flippant.

Update: Oyster has also weighed in with a post that prompts more flip remarks from me.

Update 2:More discussion from Da po'boy and Schroeder.

No comments: