-->

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Quote of the day (with a side note regarding my wounds)

This morning the toilet in the staff restroom backed up. As a result I became embroiled in about an hour's worth of largely unsuccessful plumbing. I am now sporting a smart blister on my plunging hand. Incidentally, this evening I developed another blister on my right heel while jogging. I only bring this up to point out that on the same day a new pope was chosen, I developed a half-stigmata of sorts. Coincidence? Anyway, back to the plumbing issues. Once we determined that one toilet was stopped up, Daisy asked the staff to keep an eye on the public restrooms lest they begin to develop similar symptoms. This was promptly answered by Irene who reported that the toilet in the ladies' room was "flushing like an animal."

No comments: