-->

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Today I am 30

That's right. The world works in strange ways. 1974: I am born and one month later Nixon resigns. Certainly this is no mere coincidence.
I was so afraid that today would be some sort of emotional catastrophe that I actually took the whole week off from work in order that I may age properly and in my own space. However, I have been 30 now for a good nine hours plus and as yet it has not been a disaster.
I am very satisfied with the fact that this milestone was greeted properly last night by r and myself at the biker bar where we drank lite beer and redheaded sluts (if you don't know don't ask) until the sun came up. There is nothing quite like the early morning streets of the French Quarter where the local denizens are more than happy to offer you their advice on the best place to eat garbage or perhaps, if you are lucky, sell you some stolen contruction equipment. It kind of makes today a bit of an anticlimax but I may still manage to get myself arrested or something. Stay tuned.
Also on July 15:
Rembrandt van Rijn born 1606
Crusaders capture Jerusalem 1099

No comments: