-->

Monday, November 03, 2003

Still not Scared

It has been a long weekend. I think Halloween night can be summed up in two words for me: Stinky Chris. No, I don't want to elaborate. I will say this. Everyone looked pretty damn good. I just hope the pictures turn out OK. On the whole, I suppose the evening could have been scarier. Halloween day, by the way, was downright terrifying. I became embroiled in the.. well... embroiling task of officially notifying the state of Louisiana that I would be assuming ownership of my father's go-cart Tercel while simultaneously donating my tired old shouda-been-a-taxicab-Caprice to Nurse Mama. I hope they will be happy together. I start to get a little teary each time I see her drive away in it. The title change experience was not a problem. The lady was very friendly and helpful, although also posessed of some minor racial predjudices which she felt necessary to share with us. The difficulty arose when I was forced to hold several increasingly frustrating telephone conversations with apparently half simien individuals employed by GEICO ostensibly as customer service representatives. My modest request involved the transfer of my existing policy on the Caprice over to my new vehicle. About two hours, five phone calls, and three "computer crashes" later, we still weren't sure if my policy covered the correct vehicle, or had been transferred into my brother's name, or if I ever had a policy with GEICO. (I certainly know that I've been writing them checks for the last six or seven years and that someone has been cashing them.) Despite the confusion, the pleasant, though slightly racist, lady at the notary's office allowed us to complete the title transfers. So all's well that ends well.... or at least all ends. Right now I'm in the tech lab listening to a man mumble disturbing things to himself while he looks at pictures of female bodybuilders on the internet. I'll give him five minutes before I see if I can encourage him to find a new project.

Bonus Halloween Link: Amazon has been taken over by brain-eating zombies!

No comments: