-->

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Quick Update

I know all two of my regular readers turn here first for their news. While I am proud to serve you I am also too lazy to do so very competently. Here is a quick look at the stuff I sort of paid attention to over the holiday.
1) The awful Medicare bill passed. Look here for what an honest President Bush might have to say about this.
2) The awful energy bill did not pass. This is a good thing.
3) The phony, lying, cynical, smirking, frat boy visited the airport on Thanksgiving. Particularly disgusting in light of the fact that he doesn't attend the funerals of fallen soldiers. Also two high profile Senators on a similar visit actually went to Baghdad. I really don't understand what Bush is trying to say here. Is it "We are making enough progress in Iraq that it is safe enough for the President to visit?" Or is it "The President is such a tough guy that he braved the hazards of a visit to the front lines to be with the troops?" It can't be both... although it will be spun both ways. Also neither can be true given the fact that he didn't feel safe or brave enough to leave the airport.
4) LSU 55 Arkansas 24. The Tigers are now one SEC Championship game away from making the BCS situation very cloudy. I hate the BCS formula. The NYT poll has LSU 9th! Unconscionable.

No comments: