-->

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Time to finish off the leftovers

After the Saints game on Sunday, we made the annual post-Thanksgiving Turkey Gumbo.  Most everyone knows how to do this, but as a public service, I post the recipe again each year at this time.

So here is that.

I didn't even bother to take any pictures this year since most everyone knows what gumbo looks like. But here is a picture of a prior turkey gumbo from a few years ago anyway.

Turducken Gumbo

It looks the same this year.  If you haven't used your leftovers in this way before, now would be the time to try it.

Update:  Holy crap I completely forgot about this.  The above photo is actually of the "Turducken Gumbo" I made in 2011. Recipe is at the head of a Saints game re-cap.  I wish I still wrote Saints game re-caps.

No comments: