-->

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

"I don't exactly have the authority to do that"

Not exactly, says Lane Grigsby.  But we all get the idea.
Grigsby said he didn't want to see the seat go to the Democratic candidate, so sought a solution that wouldn't split the Republican vote.

“I’m not offering (Foil) a judgeship,” Grigsby said. “I can’t. I don’t exactly have the authority to do that. What I’m saying is 'If you make a sacrifice for the state of Louisiana, I’ll make sure that sacrifice is recognized.'”

Foil has declined to drop out of the race, and Carter, whom Grigsby supports, has also indicated he will stay in.

Asked whether he thought his offer to Foil was illegal, Grigsby said it was not a quid pro quo because he hasn’t spoken to Foil directly. “I’ve just put an offer on the table and it’s public,” he said.
Sternberg says this is "VERY DIFFERENT" from offering cash (and a job) to a candidate for dropping out. But, again, you get the idea.  Let's just Foil was asked to take a Lane check and leave it at that.

No comments: