-->

Friday, April 17, 2009

Programming note

I've never been much of a TV drama fan but I know there's a lot of local interest in David Simon's Treme project. So as a service to you, I'll point out that Simon is scheduled to appear on Bill Moyers' Journal this week. WYES tries to hide the Moyers show and airs it at inconvenient times during the weekend. But once the show has aired, the video should be available here.

Update: Video now available. Two observations: 1) Simon and Moyers have a very good discussion. Simon has some important things to say about the state of urban America.

2) After seeing the clips of The Wire shared on this broadcast, all I can say is, Wow what a heavy-handed, preachy piece of TV crap! I hope he doesn't turn New Orleans into After-School-Special Land the way he did to Baltimore.

No comments: