-->

Friday, October 12, 2007

Stuff To Do

I'll be skipping town for a few days so you have this weekend to enjoy the freedom. But when I get back, I want to see everything right where I left it so behave yourselves.

  • The 18th annual New Orleans Film Festival is ongoing through October 18.


  • Every year, several people tell me to get out to the Wooden Boat Festival in Madisonville. Every year, I don't do it. I guess this year will be no different.


  • Check it out, it's an actual Gumbo Party! Also, wow what a crappy website!


  • It is still Oktoberfest at Deutches House


  • It looks like you've got a new choice in haunted houses this year as The Mortuary moves in on Canal Street near the cemeteries. Yes, it has two floors. No, you don't get your money back if you make it to the top.

    Of course, the House of Shock is still around and is pretty tough to beat... as these things go.


  • If the metal bands outside of the House of Shock just aren't doing it for you, you might try running over to Checkpoint Charlie's on Saturday to catch the... um... Metal/Space/Crud/Surf sensation Masters of Treacherous Times (M.O.T.T.) I dunno what time. But one of those guys is taking care of my cat for me while I'm gone which is nice.

No comments: