-->

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Continuing to watch the city die

Block by block.

One of the oldest and most historically significant structures on St Charles Ave is being gutted and turned into a Borders. Aren't we lucky.

Update: Post title is a little dramatic. It's not the worst thing that could have happened at that corner. They certainly could have tried to shove in more condos there. But it does ruin the historic interior of the Bultman building and it threatens the several independent book stores already operating uptown. And Borders is not one of my favorite companies so this still looks like a negative to me. It would be nice to see another deli take over the still dead and rotting former Fortissimo building across the street.

Further Update: The post title is not just a little dramatic It's spectacular-over-the-top lunacy. I really hate it when I write stuff like that. In my defense, it was 1:00 AM... and I was a bit tipsy.

No comments: