-->

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dismantling the Dragon Buffet

Ray Nagin Septemtber 29, 2007:
"It is a smorgasbord in New Orleans! It is a buffet, an economic buffet! All you can eat!" he told the crowd. "If you have a lawnmower and an edger, you can make money in New Orleans."


T-P Cartoonist Steve Kelley in a 2002 interview with Chris Rose on Nagin:
"I admire the mayor, but he’s ruining things for me. Corruption may be corrosive for government and society, but for me, it’s job security. No sooner do I pick up my plate than I realize Nagin is dismantling the buffet."


Funny how "reformers" like Nagin always manage to reset the buffet table.

This week Kelley published an equally naive and sycophantic cartoon depicting Bobby Jindal "Slaying the Dragon" of corruption. I continue my quest for T-P editions following the elections of Buddy Roemer in 1987 and (at David's suggestion) Ray Nagin in 2002 for similar cartoons. I am almost certain a Roemer Dragon Slayer cartoon exists somewhere.

No comments: