-->

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cost/benefit analysis

Vance McAllister just wants to know where his check is.


Rep. Vance McAllister (R-La.) said last week he thought he would receive a campaign donation after voting against a bill, according to The Ouachita Citizen.

At a meeting of the Northeast Chapter of Louisiana CPAs, McAllister recounted a conversation he had with an unnamed colleague, who told McAllister the Heritage Foundation would give him a $1,200 campaign check if he voted "no" on a bill involving the Bureau of Land Management.

"I played dumb and asked him, 'How would you vote?'" said McAllister, according to the paper. "He told me, 'Vote no and you will get a $1,200 check from the Heritage Foundation. If you vote yes, you will get a $1,000 check from some environmental impact group.'"

McAllister said that, unlike his colleague, he did not receive a donation after his "no" vote. He backtracked the next day, telling The Monroe News-Star that his comments were "taken completely out of context."


"I did not receive my paycheck" so now he's pretty much setting the building on fire. 
"They are always trying to throw bullets at me," said McAllister. "Once I told my friend about Gov. Jindal being mad at me, he said, 'Well, that’s why you didn’t get a check.'"
Forget the "kissing" incident.  We need a loose cannon like McAllister hanging around Congress saying stuff like this.  Please come back, Vince.

No comments: