-->

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Shit my Jackie says

I'm sure all of New Orleans has read this one by now. Here it is anyway. You will be relieved to know that many of your City Council representatives had the good sense to turn down an "opportunity" to spend $850 per seat on tickets to a football game.

Except Jackie Clarkson, of course, who also turned down the ticket purchase offer but in a more nonsensical manner.  
Clarkson also said she's skipping the event, but for a different reason.

"I did not turn them down because of the price," she said in an email, "but because they were terrace level and I don't do the terrace."
I guess as a Terrace season ticket holder I should feel a little talked down to by this.  I'm still pretty happy I had deigned to "do the terrace" on this day, for example.

Halas Trophy presentation
Halas Trophy Presentation NFC Championship Jan 24, 2010

Admittedly nothing quite so exciting will be happening in the Dome tomorrow.

Which is why I have a hard time believing the Mayor would shell out his own money be there.

With Mayor Mitch Landrieu acting as New Orleans' ambassador to the fans and dignitaries flooding the city for the Super Bowl, it seems only logical he attend the game on Sunday. So he bought two $1,250 tickets through the NFL for himself and his wife, Cheryl, Landrieu spokesman Ryan Berni said.

$2,500!! Mitch must not do the terrace either, I guess.  Not that the mayor of the host city shouldn't be at the game, but at that price the guy looks bad no matter who is paying for it.  (The T-P asked if maybe his campaign fund paid for the tickets.  Since this whole event has been one big Mitch for Mayor ad, anyway, that only makes sense.)

But honestly I think he and the Governor and a handful of other elected representatives of Louisiana taxpayers probably should have been comped. Or at least the bill could have been taken out of our collective tab.

No comments: