-->

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

If ever we cease

This block belongs to the peaceful

And yet another Mardi Gras day fades away like the hazy dream they all seem to be.  Of course the rain wasn't a problem.  Of course Rex played that same song over and over. Of course I didn't get a coconut.

DSCN7649 

Carnival 2013 was uneven; at times thrilling, at times frustrating, at times ugly, at times sublimely gorgeous.  I guess, at the end, the thing to say is it was everything it's supposed to be.  For now that will have to be all I say because I am spent.  Luckily I managed to get Ash Wednesday off this year so there should be time to describe it all eventually.  Of course, that's always what I seem to be telling myself.

DSCN7656

Anyway, now comes the long and shitty part of the year.  Only seven more months until football season.

DSCN7655

No comments: