-->

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Whatever would be the point?

Not sure what Stacy Head thinks might have been different had she been on the inside of this meeting "wrinkling her nose" out instead on the outside wrinkling in.

The city's department heads were invited to the meeting, including Marcia St. Martin, executive director of the Sewerage & Water Board. "I'm sort of Marcia's boss, so being told I couldn't go to her meeting was kind of weird," Head said, wrinkling her nose. Head is a member of the water board.

Entergy executives were also included in the meeting, Head noted. "I am Entergy's regulator as well as other people who are making decisions," she said.

Seems to me there's always plenty of room on the stage at the press conference after the meeting to jam as many of these folks together as are willing to elbow in anyway. We all know that's where the real magic happens.

In any event, letting Stacy sit in on the super secret emergency hunkering of the officials can't have gotten our lights turned on any faster.. given the fragility of the grid and all.

Maybe she could have brought some cool puzzles for everyone to do.

Update: Ah yes, see the puzzles were all on their way to Florida anyway, I guess.

NEW ORLEANS -- City Council President Stacy Head is defending her decision to go to a resort community in Florida as soon as Hurricane Isaac moved out of the area Aug. 29.

But she also didn't mince words for Mayor Mitch Landrieu or his administration this afternoon when Eyewitness News asked her about the reasons for her leaving the city.

“There was nothing I could have been doing any differently in New Orleans and I had the lagniappe of being able to get that stuff done while doing the right thing for my family,” Head said. “I suppose in hindsight everyone could say, ‘Oh, you should have done it differently.’ I did it differently in Gustav. I absolutely did. I made different decisions. In Gustav I sent my husband with my kids to Alexandria.”

No comments: