-->

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

City of whores

I continue to have difficulty understanding why certain people in this city are so in love with the Whore-nets franchise.

Convinced that the city was ready to go national, Bennett tried to buy the Hornets and keep them in Oklahoma. According to a letter Shinn subsequently wrote to Stern, Stern recommended that he sell. "You pressed me to sell the team," Shinn wrote. "You even told me that owners were asking you, 'What's wrong with George - why doesn't he sell his team[?]' " Shinn's response made it clear that he, too, coveted the new territory. "We need to immediately begin laying the foundation for what I believe will be great relationships in Oklahoma City," he wrote. "I believe there are several options that we have, none of which involve returning to New Orleans."


The NBA does not want to be here. We do not owe them any gratitude for condescending to us the way they have.

No comments: