-->

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Backblogged

I've been too busy to keep up the Yellow Blog as much as I'd like to lately.  So there's a backlog of stuff I'm going to hang here over the next few days just so I'll have a halfway decent chance of remembering it later. (That's mostly the purpose of this blog, anyway.)

For example, there's this thing that happened earlier in the week.

Sean Payton isn’t just a coach anymore.

Now he’s a doctor.

Payton spent his weekend at in Charleston, Ill., where he received an honorary doctorate of public service from Eastern Illinois University, his alma mater. The school had previously retired his No. 18 jersey in 2010.
 This is memorable primarily because of the photo.



But also because I was momentarily baffled by the "Public Service" degree. It turns out that it has something to do with his charitable foundation which is nice, I guess, although I'm pretty sure every pro athlete and coach has one of some kind.

Honorary Doctor of Pharmacology, though. That would have made some sense.

No comments: