-->

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Walker Hines, we hardly knew ya

Hilarious
Today, however, Hines switched gears completely, announcing he's bailing out of his run for secretary of state, and politics altogether. Hines will not run for his seat in the state House of Representatives this fall, either.
Some years back, Walker Hines was among the first political candidates to reach out to the New Orleans blogosphere emailing Ray Shea and Ashely Morris the following statement.
I will do everything in my power to prove to others that I have never overlooked where I came from and why I am where I am today. I spent a lot of time to write this e-mail and am seeking your support and endorsement. You will be pleasantly surprised by my passion, personality, background, and voting record. Unlike my opponent who tells you whatever you want to hear, I will never sacrifice my principles for popularity. I’m a progressive Democrat who believes in the Catholic values of social justice. Please work with me.
Two years later, citing those same "principles," he switched parties. And now today, based upon the unassailable "principle" of not wanting to run against Jim Tucker, Hines is taking his talents probably into lobbying somewhere. Hope he likes coffee.

No comments: