-->

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Quote of the Day

“A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality,” he told Father Spadaro. “I replied with another question: ‘Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?’ We must always consider the person.”
Pope Francis I 

I'm not someone who needs religion to make sense of the world. (I don't really need it to make sense at all but that's another conversation.) But many people seem to like it, so I figure it's caught on and so the kids can have fun with that if they like.

Anyway, despite the many crazy things your grandmother or Bill Donahue may have said to you over the years, the Catholics were never the most socially backward Christians. (At least not during the most recent century or so.) They've only been really really bad.  And, relatively speaking, that's pretty OK.

So it's not surprising to see a somewhat less hardline stance from a Pope every now and again. Now, if only they'd fix that whole child sex abuse thing they've got going on, they'd be halfway to becoming a semi-legitimate global fraud conglomerate just like any other large bank.

In other words, nice going.

No comments: