-->

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Expressing trivial concern

Gov. Bobby Jindal releases his birth certificate

Later this week I will be releasing my high school diploma, my cat's vaccination records, a receipt from Rouses, and several certificates of completion from various "training opportunities" I've been made to endure during my illustrious para-professional career. Nobody needs to see these documents but I figure they're just as newsworthy as Jindal's.

I discovered a few years ago that I actually have two forms of birth certificate. One is the actual notarized official Louisiana "Certificate of Live Birth" The other is a cheesey novelty certificate issued apparently by the city, or maybe the hospital. It has Moon Landrieu's signature on it and says I have the right to grow up enjoying all the privileges and pleasures of New Orleans like riding streetcars and drinking chicory coffee and stuff. I didn't even know these existed until I found mine at my mom's place in Nashville during the Katrina evacuation. At the time it was surreal, but now I'm wondering if I can use it as a re-entry placard after the next storm.

No comments: