-->

Friday, January 30, 2009

Quote of the day

President Obama:
"I do not view the labor movement as part of the problem. To me, it's part of the solution," he said, to a round of applause. "You cannot have a strong middle class without a strong labor movement."


Contrast with me a few days ago:
This President does not give a shit about labor.


Immediately, I draw two possible conclusions.

1) I don't know what the hell I'm talking about most much* of the time.

2) The pressure is working. Keep it up.

Note that these are not necessarily mutually exclusive conclusions.

*Some of me have complained that I was unnecessarily hard on myself there, hence this retraction of a word in what is itself a retraction post. And I'm right, you know. In these tough times, I should try to be a bit more charitable with me. The President, on the other hand, will have to continue to earn it.

No comments: