-->

Friday, August 29, 2008

Out of radio contact

For reasons entirely separate from the current or potential weather situation, I've been without internet at work for most of the day. Currently the city is freaking out a bit. But in truth, this is not yet the time to worry. It's time to plan but not time to act. If anyone needs my advice (which they almost certainly do not), I'll just post here what I said in an email a few minutes ago.

Try to keep the hyper-politicized atmosphere in mind when making your decisions. Tune in to the storm's location and forecast track.... which still isn't very reliable right now. Try to tune out the posturing of Federal, State, and Parish officials. Do what's best for you and your family. Not what's easiest on the pols.

Be safe. More when I can get to it.

No comments: