-->

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dirty Old Town*

At least, that seems a reasonable translation of "one of the cleanest I've ever been to" coming from Kid Rock
NEW ORLEANS - First, it was Lenny Kravitz. Now, it's Kid Rock. SDT's latest commercial features Rock walking around New Orleans, digging into a pile of crawfish and picking up trash with SDT owner Sidney Torres IV.

"I love New Orleans for its history, its soul, it's culture," Rock says in the commercial. "I been to a lot of cities all over this great land and all over the world. And I can say New Orleans is one of the cleanest I've ever been to."
Let it be noted also that Sidney Torres is the sort of person who believes keeping Kid Rock and Lenny Kravitz around as spokespersons is the sort of thing that inspires confidence.

*For other unrelated Pogues references, see the comments thread here.

No comments: