-->

Monday, July 02, 2007

Harry Potter is Toast!

It's July. It's Harry Potter month. I've been preparing by re-reading Book 5 (the film version will debut July 11) and Book 6 (because.. Book 7 comes out July 21.. in case you live in a broom closet).

Of course, this means that I've had to once again endure Rowling's merciless march of NOUN-VERB-ADVERB sentences. But.. as I've said previously.. I've made my peace with the Potter books because they are.. thematically at least.. excellent coming-of-age children's stories.

And, like most fans, I've made this recent pass through searching for clues about what might or might not happen in Book 7 reaching at least one conclusion which I have placed in the title of this post. I think Harry is going to have to snuff it in order to bring this increasingly dark series to a satisfactory end. I could be wrong. I usually am. But I'm sticking with this.

No comments: