-->

Friday, September 02, 2022

Why do we have to start blogging again?

Because I read this story today about a federal infrastructure grant being awarded to an amalgamation of local non-profit vampires with a nebulous proposal to do "green hydrogen" adjacent economic development projects and it took me twenty minutes to sift through my Twitter feed for a thread back in December where I first read about the grant process so I could link it all together.  That's fine if I happen to remember that I'd once tweeted about it. But the blog is tagged and categorized and more easily searchable and really the place where I should be taking most of my notes so they aren't memory holed down the tweeter tube. 

Anyway, I'm sure some of what is getting funded here will be worthwhile. I'm sure also some of it will be bullshit that siphons money away through the regular NOLA non-profit cabal and the "private partners" assembled to receive it. Michael Hecht is here to talk it up, which can't be a good sign. 

“With clean hydrogen, we can remain an energy state — but become an energy state of the future that has less impact on the environment,” said Michael Hecht, president and CEO of Greater New Orleans Inc., a regional economic development agency told The Associated Press. “When money and morality come together, you get stuff done.”

"Money and morality."  Yeah this is definitely something to bookmark.

No comments: