-->

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Aspirin for breakfast

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm getting to the age where I need to dope up with performance enhancing pain killers before taking on the Crescent City Classic these days. Despite the chemical advantage of two Walgreens brand aspirin, I somehow didn't win the race today. Probably because I forgot to lay a bounty on these guys.

On the plus side, I did manage to finish in 54:39 which is the first time in a while I've run the race in a better time than my most recent training runs. We can probably thank the weather for that. Either way, I'm undeniably slower and fatter than I used to be. On average I've lost about 5 minutes off of my typical time over the past ten years.

The most recent race time I recorded was 55:46 two years ago. Incidentally, that post ends in a Gumbo Z'herbes recipe which I put back into practice yesterday... for training purposes, of course. Probably should have used more aspirin, though.

No comments: