-->

Thursday, June 16, 2011

High Kabuki in Baton Rouge

T-P's Jan Moller tweets that the Legislature just failed to override Jindal's stupid veto of a 4 cent cigarette tax renewal. Oh well. It was a fun development to watch on Twitter, anyway. Given the lawmakers' tone, one might have thought they were discussing a regicide.

Apparently it was all too much for Juan LaFonta.
Rep La Fonta: I'm not coming back. It's hard to work here when it has become theater.

Yeah yeah I say something like that at least twice a week myself. This morning over here I watched a visiting zookeeper make an eight year old boy race with a chicken to see who could pick up a spilled cup of seeds the fastest. I think I would have preferred if they'd just staged an actual cockfight. Also moments ago, someone called to ask me where the nearest pay phone was located. Why would you... I mean... could you just make your call from wherever you... oh nevermind.

Anyway, somehow I think I'll make it through and so will Rep. LaFonta.

I'm not so sure we can say the same for Speaker Tucker, however. That guy sounds like he's been driven downright loopy by the day's excitement.
Tucker on #Jindal: "I believe in this man. I want him to be president. But he's wrong on this."

No comments: