-->

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Things I noticed today

  • Today, as I lay on the couch, mostly knocked out by some sort of Avian Swine SARS or whatever, I found myself describing to people the experience of being actually sick as "kind of like being hungover" That's probably a bad sign.


  • If it turns out that I'm wrong about a great many things and there actually is a Hell, Pat Robertson is going to be the mayor of that place. (Sorry, Foursquare players, you'll just have to settle for the "Social Media Entrepreneur" badge. I'm sure there will plenty to go around there.)


  • During this morning's Mayoral debate on WBOK, John Georges told James Perry, "You're not a cerebral thinker". Later, in his closing statement, Georges stressed the point that he is a "leader" which he described as being something like a "humble Archbishop" You figure it out.


  • After the debate, I left my radio tuned to WBOK for much of the day. During "Showtime in the Afternoon" with Paul Beaulieu and John Slade the discussion was mostly about how Perry has probably struck some sort of deal with Mitch Landrieu where he gets to be Mitch's "CAO or City Attorney" in exchange for his "uncivil" attacks on Troy Henry.

    At another point in the show, the hosts were discussing one of Perry's points from this morning about how many of the city's neighborhoods are more segregated (or at least more predominantly black) than they were a generation ago. One of the hosts remarked, "Now if you go Uptown you'll still see some whites and blacks living near each other... but sometimes when I'm Uptown I kind of feel like I'm in a Woody Allen movie if you know what I mean." Actually, what does that mean?


  • I just found out that WDSU will live stream tonight's Mayoral forum. Check it out here.

No comments: