-->

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Busy Day

I know it's been kind of a big news day locally. I think Oyster and Adrastos have some worthwhile thoughts about the Mose Jefferson-Ellenese Simms connection. Other than that I haven't had the time today to sift through the local blogosphere for nuggets of wisdom. I'll have more later.

The short version is this:

1) Throwing out this batch of crooks will.. at best.. give rise to the next batch of crooks.

2) Politics is always about figuring out which batch of crooks is most on your side of things.

3) I am disgusted with the outgoing batch and will not miss them.

4) I believe the incoming batch will likely be far worse.

Also.. Oyster writes,

But I suppose this is the eventuality those "strategic" Jefferson voters were hoping for in December.

This is on the right track. New Orleans and Louisiana will suffer for the crimes of Jefferson's cronies. Louisiana conservatives could not be happier. After the next few election cycles, Louisiana conservatives will hold much greater power and prestige in a more powerless and poorer Louisiana.

I realize this is not a very detailed post. I'll try to elaborate later.. or likely tomorrow.

No comments: