-->

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ehhh I'll just say it here

I've just spent election night out drinking heavily with Menckles. The following was nearly a comment to Adrastos's excellent election night post-mortem... but I thought I'd just put it here in case I don't have anything thoughtful to say tomorrow.


I love this city. It is the only place on Earth I understand. To paraphrase Chris Rose, I am not suited to live anywhere else.

Jefferson's reelection bodes all sorts of practical ills for our district..city..state. I decided at the last minute to vote against him largely because of his terrible voting record (he voted pro-NAFTA pro-CAFTA, pro-Iraq War, pro-Bankruptcy Bill) He needs to be punished for that.

At the same time.. I can't help but smirk at the bemused outside observers of this race.. who truly don't understand or respect the complex mechanics of our politics. If we can take anything positive from this experience it is that the Americans do not get us.. and yes, kids, that is a good thing.

No comments: