-->

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More signs that the feds are abandoning us

Every year at "spring forward" time I get a little nervous. I've never been comfortable just handing an hour over to the government so that they can do whatever the hell it is they do with it for half a year before they give it back. I suspect the hour I recieve at the end of the year is somehow lighter or of lesser value than the one I give up at the beginning. Someone must be skimming. I have always figured that one day we'll find out that there's a remote warehouse full of stolen time somewhere in the Nevada desert.

Why do I bring this up? Well firstly because some of you actually asked me to. But secondly to point out that we've finally moved into strange territory where the feds are trying to take our levees, our city, and, yes, now even our hour.

No comments: