-->

Monday, October 20, 2014

So that happened

At something close to the four minute mark of yesterday's Saints-Lions game, I made a point of taking a walk around the room at Harry's Corner Bar and doing a little premature backslapping.  "This game is over," I said repeatedly to several people, "We got this thing.  Next week is gonna be fun!"

In the back of my mind I knew that something stupid could happen which would make these statements appear foolish in retrospect.  I decided to go ahead and tempt fate anyway because, hey, it'll at least make an amusing story, right?

So ha ha, I guess.

In a somewhat related matter, the Saints open up this week a 1.5 point favorite at home against the Packers.  Adjust your expectations according to whatever you think will be the most amusing outcome.

No comments: