-->

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mardi Gras Mystery

NOTE: Post date moved from 1/11/12 to 1/12/12 because the fucked up way this blog archives rendered it invisible.

Unknown Parade

About ten minutes ago I ran out of the house barefoot hearing the sound of an approaching marching band. Usually about this time of year a person can catch either the Cohen High School or Sophie Wright Middle School band roaming the neighborhood practicing for the upcoming parade season. So I thought it might be fun to catch a few pictures or video of that.

What I found instead was the float pictured above along with two others following one band I was too late to identify on the Uptown bound side of St. Charles. It wasn't clear who they were or... what they wanted from us. I called to them to explain themselves. All I got in response was a few strands of beads and the phrase, "Work function."

I'm not sure what that means. I did happen to notice on my afternoon jog that part of St Charles just above Napoleon appeared to be occupied by a film crew. I hope this isn't somebody's staged faux Mardi Gras. But that's just a guess. It could be anything.

No comments: