-->

Saturday, April 26, 2008

God bless the Fat Guys

The Saints traded up a couple spots to pick USC DT Sedrick Ellis. While, Deadspin's Mike Tanier makes an amusing case that they may have needed a corner, I think this is just as well. I don't like trading up but they didn't have to give up a whole lot. If they really need that third round pick back, I'm sure somebody will be stupid enough to trade them one for Reggie Bush. Plus, so far, they haven't acquired Jeremey Shockey so that's tentative good news.

Update: I guess if you take a big fat guy in the 1st round, you have to take an eety beety guy in the 2nd. I don't know anything about Indiana CB Tracy Porter but the speed looks good and he's a Louisiana native which is always fun.

Also.... looks like the guy I actually wanted will be a Bear. Finally something about this that sucks lest we get too much cautious optimism in one Saints post.

No comments: