-->

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Quote of the Day

Ed Blakely

"If this plan fails, it won't be because I failed New Orleans," he told U.S. News. "It will be because New Orleans failed itself."


In April, I wrote the following in a comment to Adrastos.
It may be Blakely's strategy to come away from this as the hero who just couldn't overcome the backwards morass of local yokelism. That way he doesn't have to really do anything other than pout for a year, leave us to continue deteriorating and move on to the next opportunity to be a leech somewhere else.


In February, I wrote in a comment thread discussion below my own post,
Unfortunately the usual pattern for this type is to enter with a temper tantrum demanding full authority and attention.. and later to exit with a similar temper tantrum blaming everyone who did not immediately recognize his or her genius. I am very concerned that this is what we are in for.


Just saying.. I'm not all that surprised that's all.

No comments: