-->

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Quote of the Day

Joe Horn:

"The coaching staff wanted me to come here, needed me here," Horn told the newspaper Wednesday night. "I felt loved. I felt wanted from the front office to the janitors. I knew I would be treated with dignity and respect."


Horn joins a long line of jilted ex-Saints who deserved better treatment from the team they gave the best years of their careers to and signed with the hated Falcons out of spite more than anything. Today's quote is reminiscent of Morten Andersen's who upon joining the Falcons after being dropped by the Saints claimed that the Falcons had "made me whole".

The 2007 Saints season is starting to feel like 2001 all over again when raised expectations and arrogant off-season moves led to all the fun of the previous season being wiped out.

I wish Joe well. I probably would have done the same thing.

No comments: